Twitter and Facebook

Monday 2 November 2015

Pegasus Down by Philip Donlay

 (I received the Kindle version of this book, free of charge, from Netgalley in return for an honest independent review.)

Non-Stop Action All the Way                        My rating:  4 out of 5

Lauren's top secret CIA mission goes wrong, and she is trapped in enemy territory.  Her husband, Donovan, is in a race to rescue her - but racing against him are other parties who will stop at nothing to find her first.

This is a non-stop action movie in a book.  It starts with "The flash of the explosion lit up the night sky".  Near the end there is "a muffled boom that sent glowing hot debris tumbling away from the helicopter".  Imbetween are water, land and sky chases across Europe, with plenty of excitement and heart stopping moments. 


This is the 6th book in the Donovan Nash Thriller series, and the first one I have read.  It stands alone well, but I found the non-stop action detracted from the storyline behind the characters, which is why I gave it a personal 4 out of 5 rating.   Anyone who likes "all action" thrillers will love this, and I am sure feel it deserves a 5 out of 5.  I shall certainly be queuing up at the cinema if it is made into a film!


1 comment:

  1. I listened to Zero Separation and loved it. That was my first too, might have look at some of the books.

    ReplyDelete